Prevent Identity Theft
Keeping your financial information secure is more important than ever. Identity theft has become a prevalent crime with devastating effects. Protect yourself from becoming the next victim with the following steps to keep your identity safe.
- Keep all identifying information in a secure place in your home. Never carry Social Security cards or other important documents such as passports or birth certificates in your purse or wallet.
- Double-check monthly statements to ensure they match your records.
- Shred all personal and financial information before discarding it.
- Do not share account numbers or other personal financial information over the telephone or Internet unless you initiated the interaction.
- Review your credit report annually. You are entitled to a free credit report each year from one of the three main credit reporting bureaus.
Protect your social security number, learn more. If you are a victim of identity theft or suspect that it has occurred, complete an ID Theft Affidavit at the Federal Trade Commission Web site.
Contact us for more information.